Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Laundry List

Laundry has always been one of my favorite chores (I know, chores having a favorite is a contradiction).  But I am horrible at getting the clothes folded and put up.  Until recently, I would wash and dry the clothes and pile them on my couch unfolded.  I would leave them there and pick out what I wanted to wear based on what I could see.  And this would continue until I couldn't stand to look at the clothes anymore, or until there wasn't any room on the couch to sit.

Being that I work and go to school full-time, laundry took me forever to just get through 3 loads.  So here's how I've made it work in my busy schedule the last month.

I gathered all the clothes laying around the house and separated them into their respective bins.  I started with the laundry bin that had the most in it.  (On a side note, I never knew until recently that you were suppose to put the detergent and softner ball in before the clothes!)  After washing the first load and getting them in the dryer, I repeated this step and worked on something else in the meantime.  After the first load dried, I did my usual and piled it on the couch.  After getting about 5 loads of clothes washed and dried, I would turn on a TV show that I liked and start folding (of course I did this on a day that I had off, or was working from home).  After getting the clothes folded, I put them where they actually belonged: in the closet!

Now I have a nice and clean couch that I can sit on to eat and watch TV shows!  Hope this helps the busy-bees out in the world!

Jennifer Michel

No comments:

Post a Comment